Friday, April 29, 2011

lovely

carriage

car

I highly enjoyed the royal wedding today. There was something rather awesome about seeing a woman like Kate, ahem, Catherine Middleton in the spotlight. I love that she played field hockey, and waited until she was almost 30 to marry, and chose to wear her hair down on her wedding day. (I LOVE her hair by the way - she has totally reignited my hope for my own hair. Our hair is quite similar although I suspect that unlike mine, her hair may actually get brushed on a regular basis.)

She's intelligent and demure and classy and I really hope that there are little girls out there who watched the festivities and saw how beautiful and perfect it all was and started to think to themselves that maybe the Disney-mess-of-the-month they currently idolize may not be the kind of woman they want to grow up to be after all. Kate Middleton showed the world that you don't have to be rich, or trampy, or brash to have the fairytale and there are better options and better choices and better ways to be a woman. They're a stunning couple and seem very much in love and I'm so glad I got up at 4 a.m. to watch and be enchanted with the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment