Tuesday, April 12, 2011

santa cruz

off to the surf
*

Matt leaves early Thursday morning for a long weekend of surfing in Santa Cruz with old friends. We're very lucky - between work, family and friends we're able to travel quite a bit. But it's actually been a long time since we took a vacation that entailed going to a new place, on our own, where we weren't visiting or staying with other people. Don't get me wrong, vacationing with other people is one of my favorite things to do. But it's also nice to go off exploring on your own now and then.

I'd like to plan something for this summer, even if it's just for a long weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations for easy, relaxing vacations with a toddler?

*photo taken by me on redondo beach a few years ago, while enjoying a long weekend in california with old friends of my own

No comments:

Post a Comment