Thursday, June 23, 2011

playhouse

I need to stay away from Apartment Therapy. Argh! Last weekend I saw this post and I've had playhouses on the brain ever since. I've never been crazy about those little plastic houses, they always seem so sad and faded when you see them in real-life, but AT has featured some pretty charming fixer uppers.

after little tikes house

little tikes

After a few days of searching, I finally found one of those same playhouses on Craigslist and am picking it up tomorrow. My plan is to paint it like a traditional Caribbean house. One of my favorite artists on St. Martin is known for paintings of traditional, colorful Caribbean homes and I've been looking at his work for inspiration. So far, these are my favorites:

G-case-alan

G-case-jean-fi

G-porte-jaune-ombre

G-case-jaune-St-barth

We have this print hanging in our bedroom and for sentimental reasons I think I'm leaning toward these colors.

G-blue-house

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment