Wednesday, November 17, 2010

¡hola colombia!

cartagena

This morning I got an email at work officially welcoming me to a leadership development program I was invited to participate in. Along with the welcome letter was a schedule for the 15-month program, which includes several meetings I'll have to travel to.

First stop - Cartagena, Colombia in February!

(What's the Nature Conservancy doing in Colombia? Click here to find out.)

map of colombia

Fast Facts about Colombia from Lonely Planet


Number of 'u's in country's name none

Population 46 million

Head of state President Juan Manuel Santos

He said it All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret - Gabriel García Márquez

Famous for Gabriel García Márquez, Shakira, salsa, cumbia, Betty La Fea (the original Ugly Betty), FARC, Fernando Botero, coffee, a certain white powder, three kinds of passionfruit.

And finally, I can't hear the word Cartagena without thinking about one of my favorite movies when I was a kid. Joan Wilder 4EVA.





No comments:

Post a Comment