Wednesday, January 26, 2011

matteo's room

george and globe

We have serious cabin fever, folks. Good thing I love Matteo's room so much because we spend A LOT of time in there. I don't think I've posted photos of it before so here you go. (Note the open windows and billowing curtains. ahhh... *dreamy sigh*)

We've moved things around a bit since these photos were taken this summer - the IKEA chair is out and has been replaced by pillows on the floor for more comfortable reading, and there are now lots and lots of toys, for example - but at least you get a sense of where we spend most of our waking hours these days.

baby crib

room view

expedit - version 3

Our Expedit has had many incarnations. Bookshelf, room divider, and now baby central. Those red cabinet inserts cost almost as much as the Expedit did, but they're totally worth it for hiding all of the extra randomness that come along with babies. I made the pictures over the changing table in a flurry of nesting activity right before Matteo was born. The panda bear trash can was something I bought on St. Maarten and loved so much I shipped it back to the U.S. when we moved. The Novogratz girls from '9 By Design' have a similar one in their room, but it's a pink pig.

babar and celeste

paintings from carrie

A closer look at a couple of favorite gifts - the Babar and Celeste paintings were from my brother and the four square paintings were done by Carrie.

palm fish

And finally, the fish has an interesting story behind it. It's made out of a husk from the trunk of a palm tree and I bought it on St. Maarten five years ago from a young Dutch family that made and sold them. For years I've looked at that thing and thought, "what will I ever do with this?" but Matteo loves staring up at the spots and it helps keep him occupied while I change his diapers. It's funny how things that you pick up randomly eventually end up having just the right place in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment