Friday, January 28, 2011

cabin fever

baby face

Since we're all feeling like Matteo looks in this picture, we are in desperate need of a change of scenery this weekend. Matt's getting his by taking off for Minnesota with his team for basketball game in St. Cloud, so Matteo and I are on our own.

I'm still not sure what we'll do tomorrow, but Sunday we're meeting up with friends who are planning to cross-country ski across Lake Monona.

ski route

They're leaving from the park right by our house (we live two blocks from the green arrow) so Matteo and I will join them and try to keep up for as long as we can. I may even get to use my snowshoes, depending on how much snow there is. It's 3.5 miles one way, and then they plan to ski back, so there's no way we'll do anything close to the whole trip. But it will be good to get outdoors and Matteo can finally use his new baby sled.

sled

Isn't it snazzy?

No comments:

Post a Comment