Saturday, May 14, 2011

vegetable confusion

When my mom came to visit she was very pleased with how my parenting skills are shaping up with the exception of Matteo's vegetable consumption. I'm not a huge veggie fan myself so Matteo ends up eating lots of fruit and cheese, like me. I don't think there is anything wrong with fruit and cheese - they're delicious! - but I know this is something I have to work on. Vegetables can be delicious too and once our crazy schedules wind down and I have time to cook proper meals again I'm looking forward to exploring the farmer's market this summer. After all, I don't want Matteo to grow up, go to a friend's house, and experience this:

artichoke

Speaking of artichokes, when I was in my early 20's I had a boyfriend tell me he liked guacamole. Being the thoughtful girlfriend I was I went out and bought him the ingredients to make it at home including two artichokes because I thought they were avocados. Duh.

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny! You make me laugh but you might need help shopping for veggies.xoxo

    ReplyDelete