Tuesday, July 17, 2012

burley

Remember how I bought myself a Burley for my birthday? Our friend Steve gave my trusty old mountain bike an overhaul (I don't know what amused him more, the Grateful Dead sticker on the frame or the mysterious tufts of squirrel fur he found stuck to it) and last week we finally hooked them up and hit the road.

burley bike

I'm so in love with this! Madison is covered in bike paths and Matteo and I have been out almost every day exploring our neighborhood. Playgrounds and coffee shop cookie breaks are our usual stops right now but I'm hoping we can take a longer ride out to the zoo soon.

cold drink + cookie break

It's good exercise for me and so much fun for him and I've fallen in love with my bike all over again. That bike and I have been through some serious adventures together - all through college and to Alaska and back - and after 10 years of growing rusty and dusty in the corner, feeling completely unloved and unappreciated, it's back in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment