Wednesday, February 29, 2012

big boy bed

A little more than a week ago Matteo started climbing out of his crib every morning. So last weekend we decided it was time to convert his crib into a bed. He helped me take apart the crib and reassemble it. And when we were done, I took him to Target where he picked out a new set sheets and his first pillow. Remember when I found his awesome comforter here? It was fun to finally get to use it.

bye bye crib!
bye bye sweet crib!

almost done!
matteo is always such a good helper

helping
he really likes tools - his grandpa john will be proud to see these!

big boy!

happy!

This was a bittersweet milestone for me, and I was a little sadder than I expected I would be to pack up the crib parts for the attic. As thrilled as I was for him, this is one more (big!) step from baby to boy. At least our boy is a happy boy!

1 comment:

  1. Our baby boy is now definitely a toddler. I hope he adjusts well to staying in bed.
    Love you all,
    Grandma Peig

    ReplyDelete