Monday, October 31, 2011

classic sleepy hollow

We watched the classic Disney cartoon, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow last night before dinner. When it was over Matt and I talked about how crazy it that 30 years ago, the Sunday before Halloween, we were probably doing the exact same thing - watching the same cartoon on TV on the Wonderful World of Disney.

Isn't the animation gorgeous? And Bing Crosby's voice couldn't have been more perfect. I remember watching this as a kid, year after year, and loving the thrill of being so scared. I never believed the rumor that Ichabod married some other lady who had a bunch of kids that looked just like him. I think the Horseman really got him. That guy had a sword and a flaming pumpkin! He wasn't fooling around.

sleepy hollow

sleepy hollow - bing

katrina

bram

moon

ichabod

horesman

Every time I watch this, I get this song stuck in my head for a couple of days.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armKM1-kYY8&w=420&h=315]

No comments:

Post a Comment