Wednesday, December 14, 2011

holiday cheer

cookie 1

cookie 3

Holiday baking is officially underway in our house and even Matteo is in on the act. Last night I gave him a hammer and together we smashed candy canes for the peppermint bark topping. He's such a good little elf. Except when he's yanking Christmas balls off the tree and throwing them.

I don't know what it is but this year I really feel like I'm on top of the holidays and have found that magical balance of efficiency and enjoyment. Is it that I've done this long enough to finally get the routine down pat? Is is the fact that now that with an unpredictable toddler underfoot, I have had to become much more efficient and productive with my free time? Or maybe it's that I merely feel on top of it all, but I'm totally missing something and it's all going to blow up in my face at the last minute. (Please don't let it be that last one.) Whatever the reason though, we're really having a lovely December.

No comments:

Post a Comment