Friday, September 2, 2011

end of summer weekends

This weekend we don't have much on the calendar. Other than a family party on Sunday we plan to be out and about, savoring this last long summer weekend.

Last weekend was lovely, too.

at the pool

DSC06481

kebabin'

picnic snacks

park picnic

orton park

Last weekend was the Orton Park Festival - another neighborhood festival known for great live music. They also are known for hosting a performance of a local dance group that performs Cirque de Soleil-type, aerial dance acts hanging from a giant oak tree. I snuck out by myself to watch it after Matteo went to bed Friday night, but unfortunately got there too late to get a good spot. This was my view.

orton park

As you can see, there was some slight visual interference between me and the performers, who dangled from the tree right where that ladder is standing.

Ah well, it looked like an enchanting experience for the people who were much smarter than me and came early to get good seats. And it got me out of the house, walking around and enjoying the neighborhood on my own, on an absolutely gorgeous summer night. While I love being with my guys, sometime I forget how great it feels to get away for an hour or so to just soak up what's going on with the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment